Planning a Sweet Sixteen party can be overwhelming. It’s an important event that presents to family and friends a more mature young lady. Whether a casual get together or a more formal affair, a Sweet Sixteen party will mark an important transition for a teenage girl. With some detailed planning and an organized To-Do list, your party will be everything your teen was hoping for and more. Here are 5 helpful hints for planning a Sweet Sixteen party.
The location you choose will be the most important decision you make, as the venue will set the tone for the party. How many guests will be in attendance? Will the party be a formal gathering hosted at a hall, or was your teen hoping for a more intimate party with close friends at your home? For a larger crowd with a laid back atmosphere consider a backyard party or renting space at your local community center.
The theme may call for simple and elegant formal wear or a more casual and stylish dress. Your teen probably has very specific ideas about the theme of her party. Listen to her ideas and incorporate as many as you can. She will love telling her friends she planned the awesome event. If you need ideas, here are some popular themes:
• Red Carpet Theme – Have guests come as their favorite movie star. Roll out a red carpet and snap paparazzi style pictures as they enter the party. Create a walk of fame will gold stars complete with guest’s names. These also make great party favors to take home.
• Masquerade Ball – This theme works well for a party hall or larger space. Ball gowns and suits are the required dress code. Having a mask ready as each quest arrives will only add to the mystery.
• Vintage Theme Party – Pick a favorite decade, and you will find your theme. Will it be a sock hop, or maybe a hippie theme, or even a 70s rock-n-roller? Teens will enjoy all the crazy styles and trendy slang of the times. You can find clothes from most any era at thrift stores for a minimal fee.
Be warned that most of your budget will go to food. Here are some suggestions to consider:
• Will you serve appetizers, along with the main meal and a spectacular Sweet Sixteen cake?
• Do you plan to cook the food yourself or will it be catered? Will the party hall provide food and at what cost? Consider buffet style so teens can mingle and help themselves when they are ready to eat.
• Will you buy a custom cake from a bakery or buy a premade from the store? Many wholesale clubs offer full sheet cakes for a very reasonable cost.
Have a few party games ready for added fun. If your guests plan to dance, you will need a DJ. They book up fast so plan ahead. Ask around for a company that has hosted teen parties before. Have the party girl prepare a list of songs she would like played. If it’s at home, have your teen create a playlist of her favorites that can run throughout the night.
This is your teenager’s special night. She will want to stand out and be noticed. Leave plenty of time for shopping to find the perfect dress or costume depending on the chosen theme. Perhaps, treat her to professional hair and makeup. This is her “coming out” party, make sure she looks fabulous.
The Vault in Hollister features two beautiful ballrooms that are perfect for your special occasions. We make sure the planning process is smooth with the help of our professional team who works diligently to ensure that we exceed your expectations. Start planning the event of your dreams and contact us today!